Multi-selection of index keywords for deletion

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Nicolas Wicke

Multi-selection of index keywords for deletion

Unread post by Nicolas Wicke »

Hello,

I would like a multi-select option in the list of index keywords (the one that appears when clicking the Index Tool button in het ribbon).

The reason for this is that sometimes I update a manual that's reasonably 'old' and in such a case I clear the index completely and rebuild it during the updating process of the document.
Now I always need to manually click the keyword entry and then click the Delete Keyword button.

Solutions that would work great for me:
a. Multi-selection of keywords by way of <ctrl> and/or <shift> before deleting the keywords (similar to multi-file selection in Windows).
b. Allowing the <delete> key to delete keywords from the list. This way I could use the arrow keys with the delete key to quickly delete the necessary (or all) entries.
c. leaving the focus on the highlighted keyword after deleting a keyword. This way I could click a keyword > click delete > confirm > click delete > confirm > ... to clear the list. Now I need to click a keyword > click delete > confirm > click the keyword although it is already highlighted > click delete > confirm > ... to clear the list.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Nicolas