Toggle header as link in TOC

HM5 served us well, now its time has come and it has been replaced... If you have HM5 questions, please post them here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ales Medved

Toggle header as link in TOC

Unread post by Ales Medved »

Hi.

Is it possible to show toggle header like link in TOC in webhelp and in PDF.

TOC is rather "poor" only with topics and one can't see what is inside just by reviewing the TOC.

Regards,

Aleš
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Toggle header as link in TOC

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Aleš,

No, this isn't possible. However, we are looking into a number of possibilities for completely different ways of presenting documentation. One of them would be contents entries with summaries and even expandable icon images. This would require a different layout, however, and it would not work for chapters with more than a few entries.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ales Medved

Unread post by Ales Medved »

Hi.

It's been one year since my question.

Is there now an option about which I asked in my first post?

There might be some other way?

Regards, Aleš
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Aleš,

Sorry, there are no developments to report in this direction at the moment. "Rich" TOCs like this will require a completely different structure for the entire help system and they will also only be relevant for smaller projects. It would be very difficult to manage them for projects with hundreds or thousands of topics, so this would have to be something extra available for just certain kinds of projects. We may still do something like this in the future but not at the moment. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.