Premium Pack 2.70 update

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Premium Pack 2.70 update

Unread post by Tim Green »

Along with Help & Manual 7 we have released a small update to Premium Pack 2 with improved support for some new features in HM7. It remains fully compatible with Help & Manual 6, of course. See the news blog entry here with more details:

http://news.helpandmanual.com/2015/06/p ... 70-update/

How to get the update:

You can download and install the updated version with the same download link and installation password from the mail you received when you purchased your copy of the Premium Pack. If you no longer have this please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will help you out.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
FuHOliver

Improved skin design for Webhelp? - Re: Premium Pack 2.70 up

Unread post by FuHOliver »

Dear folks at EC Software,

we've been long term two-license users of Help&Manual for many years. I personally found version 6 was a huge improvement, allowing me to create full docs including a decent website ( http://www.kickdrive.de ) from a common source.

I also purchased the Premium pack with great expectations, but was rather disappointed and never used any of its skins. I thought I'd have a selection of designs for Webhelp, but in fact the 15 Webhelp skins are just different colors of the same layout. Which looks pretty dated in 2015, to be honest: http://www.helpandmanual.com/screens/pp-skin-web.png

So my questions are:

- Is this here the Webhelp default design I'd get when I upgrade to Help&Manual 7 (no skin used):
http://www.helpandmanual.com/help/ ?
(Looks much nicer than the Help&Manual 6 webhelp default)

- Are there any true alternatives for a similar up-to date and "flat" Webhelp design?

E.g. I'd love to use the "iPad + AndroidTablet Skin" from my Premium Pack 2.50 just for a standard HTML Webhelp, but unfortunately these really seem to be restricted to Android/iPad.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Kind regards,
Oliver Heggelbacher
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Premium Pack 2.70 update

Hi Oliver,
- Is this here the Webhelp default design I'd get when I upgrade to Help&Manual 7 (no skin used):
Yes, this skin and several others like it are included with Help & Manual 7 as standard skins.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
waldemar.hersacher

Unread post by waldemar.hersacher »

I'm blind. I don't see the PP help integrated in the H&M7 help.

In H&M 6 it is between "Multi user editing..." and "Tools included...".

Double clicking (in H&M7 folder) will open the help.
Breadcrumb: 'Navigation: »No topics above this level«

Help & Manual Premium Pack '

But I don't find it in the TOC.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Waldemar,

You probably installed the Premium Pack to a different HM installation -- possibly to your HM6 folder, or your beta HM7 folder... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
waldemar.hersacher

Tim,

it is installed in the HM7 folder.
It is the beta folder but I have installed in the same folder release 3600 (fix 3601 dosn't affect me until now). I thought that the beta files have been replaced by the release files. HM7 is running with the release activation key and not with the beta activation key.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Waldemar,

Try reinstalling the Premium Pack. It wrote the help to the HM7 folder when I installed it here, at least. Is there anything unusual about your installation location?
Regards,

Private support:
waldemar.hersacher

The helpman.chm file is dated 16.06.2015 09:52.
The PlusPack.chm is dated 22.06.2015 11:23.
The installation location is the default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7\Templates\HTML Skins\Premium Pack 2.70
I installed it again, no change.
Installing it into H&M6 is working fine.

The topic "How To Videos" dosn't have a header. This way I cannot use the Next button to go to the next topic.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Waldemar,

This may have something to do with the other problems you experienced on installation during the beta testing. If I remember correctly, you had installation issues related to the permissions of the user account you were using for installing. The installer Alex built for the Help & Manual 7 updated version of the Premium Pack also tries to identify the Help & Manual 7 folder for the installation of the help. It is conceivable the the help file is going to your HM6 program folder instead. If that is happening, you can work around the issue by copying the help file to the HM7 program folder. I'm going to ask Alex to check into this.
Regards,

Private support:
waldemar.hersacher

Tim,

if the project in C:\Users\Public\Documents\My HelpAndManual Projects\Examples\HelpAndManual7 is the source of the current help (I think it is) I have found something you need to check.
In this project for the topic PlusPack.chm::\Pluspack.hhc the checkbox "Content is merged ..." is checked.

I published the project and got the same problem.

I changed the file table_of_contents.xml to uncheck the checkbox published again and now I have the PP help in the H&M7 help.
Original:

Code: Select all

<navref href="PlusPack.chm::\PlusPack.hhc" build="CHM" id="421446284669436" modified="2015-05-24T19:11:34.013Z" merge="compile">
    <caption translate="true">PlusPack.chm::\PlusPack.hhc</caption>
Should be:

Code: Select all

<navref href="PlusPack.chm::\PlusPack.hhc" build="CHM" id="421446284669436" modified="2015-05-24T19:11:34.013Z" merge="runtime">
    <caption translate="true">PlusPack.chm::\PlusPack.hhc</caption>
BTW:
There is a mssing '>' for a variable in HM_Advanced_XML_Prog. Second info from compiler messages.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Waldemar,
I published the project and got the same problem.
I'm not sure what's going on with your local copy of the help project but this is definitely not the case with the original. It is working fine on all our installations and the CHM file is being displayed correctly after installation. The merge node for the CHM file in the help project is a runtime merge node, not a publish-time merge node, and it is working correctly. We are still looking into it, but so far, you appear to be the only person anywhere experiencing this.
There is a mssing '>' for a variable in HM_Advanced_XML_Prog. Second info from compiler messages.
Thanks, corrected.
Regards,

Private support:
waldemar.hersacher

Tim,

I installed 3608 and did before:
The helpman.chm file is dated 16.06.2015 09:52.
I reimported that file to H&M7. There isn't a TOC reference to the PlusPack.
I renamed this file to helpman.chm$.

After the installation the helpman.chm file is dated 24.06.2015 17:22.
This one is working as expected.
I reimported that file to H&M7. It has a TOC reference to the PlusPack.

Maybe that was a relict from the beta. Somehow the setup refused to replace the file.

Dont forget:
The topic "How To Videos" dosn't have a header.
Waldemar
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Waldemar,
The topic "How To Videos" dosn't have a header.
That has been updated already. Should be included in an update soon.
Regards,

Private support: