Help & Manual Toolbox 1.26 Beta

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox Beta

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update to 1.1.14 Beta

Changes and fixes in this update (expires June 1, 2015):

Changes:
  • When adding multiple files to the Baggage you can now opt to overwrite or skip files that already exist in the project/skin, instead of having to confirm every one.
Fixes:
  • Fix for the undocumented feature for stripping leading underscore characters from your topic IDs with the Add/Remove prefixes tool. In some cases this resulted in one character getting stripped from the beginning of other IDs if the ID contained an underscore.
  • Topic ID prefixes with a leading underscore e.g. (_HMX_TopicID) are now not automatically identified as prefixes. To remove such prefixes you must first remove the underscore, then the prefix.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
fjrohlf

Unread post by fjrohlf »

I just tried the 1.1.14 beta but it says my project file I produced with H&M 6.5.5 build 3020 is invalid. I used the toolbox program over a year ago and it was very helpful in fixing corrupted text where H&M would stop processing after an equation. I have now found more problems that must be fixed.
Jim
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Jim,
fjrohlf wrote:I just tried the 1.1.14 beta but it says my project file I produced with H&M 6.5.5 build 3020 is invalid. I used the toolbox program over a year ago and it was very helpful in fixing corrupted text where H&M would stop processing after an equation. I have now found more problems that must be fixed.
The corrupted message will normally come if a serious XML error is found in one of the main files (project file or TOC file). If you mail me your project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) I will check it for you. :)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Update to 1.1.16 Beta

Changes in this update (expires August 1, 2015):

Changes:
  • Baggage Files list is shown automatically if it is not already on screen when you add a baggage file from the Edit menu
  • Last directory from which you added a baggage file is selected automatically the next time you add a baggage file
  • Deletion of baggage files is confirmed with an alert
Fixes:
  • Adding a variable to a project with no variables didn't activate the Variables button.
  • Deleting a variable from a project with no variables didn't deactivate the Variables button
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.2 Beta

Update to 1.2 Beta

Support for Help & Manual 7 Projects
  • Supports the new separate set of HTML Export Options for CHM output
  • Support for a couple of new settings in the WebHelp HTML and Project options
  • Displays the Help & Manual version the project was created with in the project info
  • Displays the WebHelp mode of the Layout template in the current project or skin
Fixes:
  • Remember last folder selected for Baggage files and return to it when adding a new Baggage file
  • Switch to Baggage view when adding a Baggage file
  • Adding a variable to a project/skin without variables didn't activate the Variables button
  • Deleting the last variable in the project/skin didn't deactivate the Variables button
Regards,

Private support:
Andrey Bushman

Unread post by Andrey Bushman »

I launch this program and try open my new project (hmxz-file) created through Help and Manual 7. The program right there fails. Look the attached screen.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (94.56 KiB) Viewed 15451 times
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Andrey,

Are you using Russian characters in Topic IDs? That would be invalid, and would also not work later in many other situations. If you continue to have problems please mail me a test project at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll check it for you. My guess is that it has something to do with Russian projects, because it's working fine with projects in English.
Regards,

Private support:
Andrey Bushman

My Topic Ids use English chars only. Look the attached screen. I sent the project to your email.
Attachments
0.png
0.png (33.86 KiB) Viewed 15450 times
Andrey Bushman

Also, right now I created a new project through H&M7 template and saved it. I nothing changed. But I got the same result for this new project. I can send it to you also, if this project is also interesting for you.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (32.09 KiB) Viewed 15449 times
Last edited by Andrey Bushman on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Andrey,

Please do mail me both projects and I will check them.
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.21 Beta

Update to 1.21 Beta

Fixes:
  • Crash on opening projects when Windows regional formats for numbers, date etc. were not set to a European/western language. For example, the crash would occur in Russian Windows and probably other language versions of Windows as well.
Regards,

Private support:
Andrey Bushman

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.21 Beta

Tim Green wrote:Crash on opening projects when Windows regional formats for numbers, date etc. were not set to a European/western language. For example, the crash would occur in Russian Windows and probably other language versions of Windows as well.
NUnit exists in our World. And... Welcome. :)
Simon Dismore

Unread post by Simon Dismore »

I tried running v1.21 on a PC with only H&M 7 installed and it exited with this message:
beta-1.21-fails.png
beta-1.21-fails.png (10.62 KiB) Viewed 15424 times
It runs OK on a PC with H&M6 and PP2.x installed.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Simon,

Oops... Haven't looked at the HM location checker for ages, there must be something hard-wired in it. Will fix that soon. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.23 Beta

Update to 1.23 Beta

This update fixes some issues that have shown up since Help & Manual 7 compatibility was added.

Changes in this update (expires September 1, 2015):

Fixes:
  • Crash on loading projects in Russian or Asian Windows
  • Crash on loading projects with topic IDs containing illegal characters
  • Internal search options reference updated for H&M 7
  • Test for H&M installation failed on systems where only Help & Manual 7 was installed
  • Incorrect handling of HM7 projects that didn’t have a CHM node yet
Regards,

Private support: