Headers ignoring template

This is the place to share H&M templates and utilities with other users. Topic templates can be posted as text attachments (*.txt) or in the posting itself between [code] and [/code] tags. Print manual templates (*.mnl) are digital and can only be posted as attachments. Utilities and multiple files can be posted in ZIP archives. Please include plenty of comments so that users understand what you're doing! Registration is required to access this forum.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Headers ignoring template

Unread postby Graeme Webb » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Good day,

I'm trying to create a PDF copy of a H&M file. However, whenever I publish the doc, heading 1 ignores any settings I try to apply to it regardless of any styles I set in the H&M file or the Printer Manual Designer.

From what I recall, the Manual Designer's headings take precedence when publishing right?

I have verified that the Edit Dialog toggle option between Screen/Print Manual View is enabled.

Any guidance would be much appreciated,
Graeme
Graeme Webb

Re: Headers ignoring template

Unread postby Tim Green » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi Graeme,

Heading1 will only get applied in PDF when it is used in the body of your topics. Topic headers only send their plain text to the PDF. Their formatting es defined on a topic level basis by the PDF template, by the definitions for the six supported levels in the Topics and Table of Contents sections. This is done like this so that you can have different formatting for the topic headings for each level in the PDF.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Return to Templates & Utilities