Help & Manual Toolbox 1.26 Beta

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.24 Beta

Unread post by Tim Green »

Update to 1.24 Beta

Changes in this update (expires September 1, 2015):

Fixes:
  • Changes in XML mode search/replace did not get saved if a preview was run before the replacement.
  • Allow spaces and dashes in user variable names (to match Help & Manual 7)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.25 Beta

Update to 1.25 Beta

Changes in this update (expires November 1, 2015):

Changes:
  • Added support for a new WebHelp configuration variable in Premium Pack update 2.71
  • Updated expiry date
  • That's it... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Help & Manual Toolbox 1.26 Beta

Update to 1.26 Beta

Changes in this update (expires January 1, 2016):

Changes:
  • Added support for upcoming Premium Pack 3 variable configuration
  • Fixed a very rare bug that could cause a crash if the cursor moved from the scrollbar into the baggage files grid while scrolling with the mouse
  • Updated expiry date
  • That's it... 8)
Regards,

Private support:
DeWayne Rosene

Unread post by DeWayne Rosene »

Tim, recently built a new Windows 10 PC, a pretty cool Intel NUC. Did a clean install of Windows 10 and H&M Toolbox. Toolbox fails on start. Windows Log shows two errors apparently related to .Net. I have progressivly installed .net components that were indeed missing initially. Now have all of .Net 4.6 and all of .net 3.5 and still the Toolbox will not launch. Any ideas or is there any info I could send you to look at?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi DeWayne,

This is a little strange because I have it running on Windows 10 without any issues, and I only have 4.5 and 4.6 installed there. What language do you have Windows set to?
Regards,

Private support:
Francis Langlois

Unread post by Francis Langlois »

Hi,

When I start the .exe, I get a spinning cursor but never see any program start-up.

I assume there is some UI that I should see and that would be where I follow these directions: "Before using it you need to select Edit > Preferences and choose a code editor for editing HTML and source code files. This should allow access to the files while you are editing because HM Toolbox needs to be able to save your changes back to your project as soon as you save in your editor (it monitors the editing files for changes and updates them automatically if you want). "

I am running Win 10, 64 bit. I have H&M 7, recent update. I have 4.5 .net SDK installed. Do you have a link to the .Net assembly download I should have?

Thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Francis,

Try restarting Windows and reinstalling. If this fails contact me directly at support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and I'll see what we can do directly to clear up the situation.
Regards,

Private support:
Frans Van Antenhove

Unread post by Frans Van Antenhove »

2015-12-23_15-37-54.jpg
2015-12-23_15-37-54.jpg (56.63 KiB) Viewed 12835 times
hi Tim,

is de PP toolbox the same as HM toolbox 1.26?

i have installed both but HM toolbox 1.26 does not startup when executed. It is also not in the app folder for HM7. I suspect it is not registered?

frans
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Frans,

Premium Pack Toolbox is a newer and updated version of the same program. Please uninstall the old HM Toolbox if you have it installed. You no longer need to use it and it is missing a number of important features for editing the new Premium Pack 3 skins.

I have not yet decided what I am going to do with the open beta version. Since maintenance is quite a lot of work I may discontinue it entirely after its license runs out in January and only continue to develop the new integrated version.

Note also that an important bug has just been corrected: PP Toolbox would sometimes say that a skin was invalid after it had been edited with Help & Manual in Windows 10. This has been corrected in version 3.02 that will be online by tomorrow.
Regards,

Private support: