Cannot re-size Open Image dialog box

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Cannot re-size Open Image dialog box

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

As above.

The Open Image dialog box won't re-size so when I click the Edit Padding box it drops off the screen:

Any ideas?
Martin Wynne

Re: Cannot re-size Open Image dialog box

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Ga Bowen wrote:Any ideas?
Hi Ga,

You can enter the required paddings directly in the box, separated by spaces. The settings are entered clockwise from the top:
padding_box.png
Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ga Bowen

I can, thanks Martin.

It is actually doing it with all dialog boxes, I've just realised.

I think this may well be a re-install thing...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

There should be a resize corner on the bottom right corner of the dialog. Open Image has a taller minimum height than some other dialogs, however, because it contains a lot of controls. If the corner is missing I would try restarting Windows before reinstalling. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Tim Green wrote:There should be a resize corner on the bottom right corner of the dialog. Open Image has a taller minimum height than some other dialogs, however, because it contains a lot of controls. If the corner is missing I would try restarting Windows before reinstalling. 8)
Hi Tim,

On my screen (Windows 7 at 120dpi) the image dialog plus the padding window has a minimum total height of 988 pixels. There is no way I can make it any smaller. On 800 laptop screens it will not all be visible. No amount of restarting Windows or re-installing is going to change this.

That padding Window has two strange behaviours:

1. If there is not room below the combo box to display, it should show above the combo box. It doesn't.

2. If I swap to a different application from the taskbar while the padding window is showing, it remains showing in front of the new application. Just the padding window, not the image dialog or any other part of H&M. Clicking on the new application makes no difference:
notepad_hm7.png
I frequently swap to Notepad to copy and paste odd strings, for example in this case maybe the Alt tooltip string.

p.s. the image size combo works correctly - shows above the combo if not room below.

cheers,

Martin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Frost

Unread post by Tim Frost »

I can confirm both of Martin's observations, and can add a third: normally a dialog of this type would close on the Escape key but the only thing that closes the padding dialog is clicking on the image edit form.
Ga Bowen

My problems are identical to Tim F and Martin's
Tim Green
Site Admin

I've never noticed this because I've been working on much higher resolution screens exclusively for years. I've passed the question on to Alexander for comment. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Martin et al,

The new beta build makes the padding dialog behave intelligently and position itself inside the viewport:

http://download.ec-software.com/help-an ... 0-beta.exe

@Martin: If you run Windows at 120dpi on a low-resolution laptop screen you are going to be unable to access a wide range of dialogs -- not just this one and not just in Help+Manual. :twisted:
Regards,

Private support: