Default text for Image Tooltips

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Mellissa Ruryk

Default text for Image Tooltips

Unread post by Mellissa Ruryk »

I saw an answer in https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... ult#p49498 but I wasn't able to understand it.
I insert screenshot, right click, select Picture, click Convert Picture to Toggle, resize image to 50%, and type "Click to enlarge." I do this a lot. I wish I could create a macro or something that would do these simple steps for me. Or have a place to store default tooltip text for images.

TIA
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Default text for Image Tooltips

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Mellissa,

Help+Manual doesn't currently have a macro or auto-text facility, but there are a lot of good programs that will give you this across all the programs you use and not just HM. I can personally recommend Phrase Express, which I use myself -- it also has a server mode so that all co-workers can use the same auto-text database. You then just type the trigger text you have defined for your standard text and it gets inserted automatically. For example, you could define something like "cce" for "Click to Enlarge". I only use it for auto-text, but it also integrates with a free macro program called Mouse Recorder to give you macro capability as well. I haven't tried that, so I can't make any recommendations on it at the moment.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.