Program window vertical size

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

mbgg

Program window vertical size

Unread post by mbgg »

In Version 5 : if I "minimized" the program screen (top-right icon), I could then drag the bottom of the frame up to make the window as small as I wanted (vertically). But in Version 7, I can't make the program window cover less than 60% of the screen height! Why ?
Michael

Version 7.5.4 - Build 4760
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Program window vertical size

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Michael,

This is necessary because of some components in the interface that would have to collapse or disappear if you made the window smaller, particularly in Topic Options. It is not in relation to the screen size, just a restriction on the minimum size of the program window.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

Thanks for the reply.

One of our translators has checked for changes up to now by opening the old and new English versions of the project simultaneously. :typing: He says that it is awkward in Version 7 when one of the windows takes up 60% of the screen ....

I notice that in MS Word - which has a similar interface - there is no such restriction.

Can your programmers reduce the limit to 50% of the screen ?
Michael

Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

No, this can't be changed at the moment. Again, this has nothing to do with any percentage of screen size -- on my monitors the HM window is somewhere between 20% and 30% of the height. If that is really a problem for your translator then his monitor is either too small, or the resolution is too low, or both. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
mbgg

Unread post by mbgg »

My screen dimensions (net) are 380x300 mm. The minimum program window height is 170 mm.
The translator's screen is 430x270 mm. The minimum program window height is 190 mm.
Michael

Tobias Escher

Unread post by Tobias Escher »

I don't think the physical screen size is of any importance. The resolution (in pixels!) is what counts here.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Tobias Escher wrote:I don't think the physical screen size is of any importance. The resolution (in pixels!) is what counts here.
Exactly. 8)
Regards,

Private support: