Possible to search for specific word in links?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Swede

Possible to search for specific word in links?

Unread post by Swede »

Hi! Is it possible to search for a specific word or phrase in links in a H+M project (i.e. the underlined blue texts you click on)? Ctrl+F "Find & Replace" offers a number of options for narrowing the search but nothing for links. Is there another way of doing this?
Thanks!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Possible to search for specific word in links?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Help+Manual itself doesn't have a special option for this. To do this you need to search in the source code of your topics using regular expressions. If you have Premium Pack 3 you can use the Toolbox utility included there for this. I attach a search profile for searching in links in Toolbox so that you don't need to design the regex yourself.
  1. Make a backup of your project and open it in Toolbox. Select the Complex Search and Replace tool in the Tools menu.
  2. Click on the Load button and load the Search_in_Links.hmsearch profile.
  3. Instructions will be displayed. Basically, you just need to replace the XXXXX placeholder at the top with the text in a link you are searching for and the YYYYY placeholder at the bottom with the text you want to replace it with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Swede

Re: Possible to search for specific word in links?

Unread post by Swede »

Thanks! We have Premium Pack 3.20 so I'll have a go at this.