Different Styles in "Heading1" in PDF

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tobias Escher

Different Styles in "Heading1" in PDF

Unread post by Tobias Escher »

Hi!

I need to have headline that chance text Style in the middle of the headline.
So the headline will have its usual style, but after the end of the headline, there needs to be a short section of a few spaces with a coloured background.
This works very well inside the topics, but it does not work for the actual big "main headline" (the topic name that is shown at the top of the editor). I can insert my coloured spaces there, but they are not printed to PDF (see screenshot).
Is there any way to do this?

best

Tobias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Different Styles in "Heading1" in PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Tobias,
Is there any way to do this?
Not in PDF. Here's the section in the documentation of the Print Manual Designer that explains why:

"Unlike your topic content, only the plain text of the topic headings is imported from your Help+Manual project. All the formatting for the topic headings in your PDFs comes from the formatting you apply to the text objects in the Heading bands in this section."

What this means is that no formatting you create in your topic for the topic heading is ever exported to PDF; only the plain text is. All the formatting of the headings in PDF is applied by the PDF template. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to have different formatting for headings on different topic levels.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.