Show history

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Erich Carshagen

Show history

Unread post by Erich Carshagen »

When using the Show history that reflects the prior version next to the current version of the topic, please allow a user to:
a. synchronise the scrolling of the two versions, and
b. highlight text where where changes have been made.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Show history

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestions. Scrolling sync should be possible, but I'm not quite clear about the highlighting issue: Do you want to highlight the changes manually, or do you want them to be automatic? Automatic highlighting is very complex, at least as soon as you go beyond the most minor changes, and probably won't be coming soon.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Erich Carshagen

Unread post by Erich Carshagen »

Hi Tim,

Yes, an automatic highlight that reflects the difference between the current version and the select past version.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Erich Carshagen wrote:Yes, an automatic highlight that reflects the difference between the current version and the select past version.
Sorry, but that won't be coming any time soon. This is one of those tasks that sounds simple but is actually horrifically complex to implement. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Flensburger88

Unread post by Flensburger88 »

Hi Tim,

it's been a long time since this feature request.
Has there anything happened so far?

Thank you :)
Tim Green
Site Admin

An updated history module is in the works but I'm afraid I can't provide a time frame for it at the moment. :?
Regards,

Private support: