Checking a newbie decision: for cloud application, WebHelp.

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Checking a newbie decision: for cloud application, WebHelp.

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Since the users of our software will be using the application on the Web, WebHelp is pretty much the best output option for help files - yes?

If I understand correctly, WebHelp output will be usable if our users are accessing the web via a tablet or phone - yes?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Checking a newbie decision: for cloud application, WebHe

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

WebHelp is basically the only usable format for the Web. Theoretically you could use PDF, but the user has to download the entire PDF to be able to view anything, and interactivity in PDF isn't very good at all.

The standard skins with Responsive in their names will work on tablets and phones as well. You can test it with the online version of Help+Manual's own help here:

http://helpandmanual.com/help

You can get more advanced mobile support and functionality with the new V3 skins in the Premium Pack add-on. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Thanks for the ratification. Yes, ours will have to be 'responsive,' so yes, we'll have to add the premium pack.

However, I'm having some trouble obtaining funding because my company is managed by some very literal mechanical engineers. Do you want the particulars here or in a private message?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Dave Gehman wrote:However, I'm having some trouble obtaining funding because my company is managed by some very literal mechanical engineers. Do you want the particulars here or in a private message?
Please direct any purchasing questions like that directly to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). Note also that you can try out the PP without any risk because we have a one month no-questions refund policy. So you can try it for a month and if it doesn't work for you, you can get the price back. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Thanks. I'll pursue the purchase issue when it becomes hopelessly painful. Might be soon.