Very thick lines in tables (PDF)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Leah Guren

Very thick lines in tables (PDF)

Unread post by Leah Guren »

Hiya. I've been spending the day adjusting design issues. The tables look good in the Help presentation, but in the PDF, the table borders show up as exceedingly thick lines. I have them set to 1 pixel. Ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Very thick lines in tables (PDF)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Leah,

What is your zoom setting in your PDF viewer? It will only be 1 pixel at exactly 100%, and even there, there will be variations on modern high-resolution screens and monitors where a "pixel" is no longer a clearly-defined entity. Most pixels are now virtual, and actually displayed by multiple actual physical pixels, that are now too small to be seen individually.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Leah Guren

Unread post by Leah Guren »

100%. Still looks like that when viewed at less than 100%.

I'm used to working with different DTP tools and HATs and I haven't run into this before. :-(
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Leah,

Please send a small sample project and the PDF template (.mnl file) that you are using to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. 8)

We don't need the graphics initially, just the project itself in single-file .hmxz format and the PDF template. If you're using .hmxp you can save a single-file .hmxz copy with Save As... in the File menu. Choose the "Help Project (single file storage)" format, (.HMXZ in the description text on the right). Then just delete all the unnecessary topics in the project copy before mailing and send only the .hmxz file.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
RuudOverdijk

Unread post by RuudOverdijk »

Any solution already? I have the same problem (thick lines around tables in .pdf files, even with 100% zooming) and spend several hours trying to solve it. If needed I can send you a sample project.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Ruud, Leah,

We'd very much like to see a test project for this. Please mail a small demo project and the .mnl PDF template to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we'll look into it. Please send a single-file .hmxz project. To do this select Save As.. in the File menu and choose the first option for Help Project (single file storage). This packs everything into a single compressed file. After that you can remove any topics not needed for the demo and send just the .hmxz file.

If graphics are important for your demo remember to include those as well, but only the ones that matter, not all of them.
Regards,

Private support: