How can I remove window header from epub help?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sandy Palmer

How can I remove window header from epub help?

Unread post by Sandy Palmer »

In other help we've done with H&M7, we can publish without the header at the top of the window. I can't find the setting for that now.

How can we publish without the header and "Short Title" menu that you see in Templates Header.jpg? We want it to look like Eclipse Help.jpg.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: How can I remove window header from epub help?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sandy,

That isn't ePub, it's EWriter. Background: ePub is an eBook format designed primarily for display on e-ink eBook readers that are like the Amazon Kindle but use a different, open format called ePub. It also works in other eBook software on a wide range of devices. Unlike EWriter ePub is not a good documentation format, it's designed for books like novels that are read from beginning to end without any real interactivity.

The items you want to change can be configured in your project. Look in the Project Explorer on the left and navigate down to Configuration > Publishing Options > eBooks > EWriter eBooks. Then click on the Menus and Translation tab. You can turn off and configure the application menu there. Instead of turning it off, you'll probably find it more useful to configure it. See this section in the documentation for instructions:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... _menus.htm

Please also study the entire EWriter chapter there to see all the things you can do with this format:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... ks_exe.htm

Calling EWriter eBooks was actually a mistake. It is really a full, interactive documentation format like WebHelp, but for local use on Windows. It combines the benefits of WebHelp and CHM and eliminates many of the drawbacks of both. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sandy Palmer

Re: How can I remove window header from epub help?

Unread post by Sandy Palmer »

Thanks a lot. Your customer service is fantastic.