WebHelp - Single tap on navigation (mobile)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon Heller

WebHelp - Single tap on navigation (mobile)

Unread post by Simon Heller »

Hello!

I have recently switched from HM5 to HM7 and started using WebHelp instead of PDF files. I'm currently using one of the templates (Webhelp, iframes responsive, blue).

Now i wanted to adjust the TOC/Navigation so i could open a chapter with a single tap on mobile devices.
I saw in a thread from 2015 (https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewto ... 05&p=57175) that there was an option for that (Option-toc-singletap).
So my question is: where exactly do i have to set the option from "false" to "true"?

Thanks in advance!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: WebHelp - Single tap on navigation (mobile)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Simon,

That's an old posting. You can now change this very easily directly in the skin configuration. Open the .hmskin file in Help+Manual and in the Project Explorer on the left go down to Configuration > Publishing Options > WebHelp > Navigation. You will find the TOC configuration options there. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Simon Heller

Unread post by Simon Heller »

Ohh i see! :oops:

I'll test that out asap.

Thanks! :D
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Simon Heller wrote:Ohh i see! :oops:
I'll test that out asap.
Thanks! :D
No need to be embarrassed. It's difficult to make everything intuitive and a lot of things aren't even if we'd like them to be. I'm so deeply immersed in this software myself that I have to constantly remind myself that pretty much everything is non-obvious to someone coming to it for the first time. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.