Odd PPT 3.43 error

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

Odd PPT 3.43 error

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Get this when I open a skin:

I haven't seen this before with any skin or any work with previous PPT.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Odd PPT 3.43 error

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

That's not an error, it's actually correcting an old error. If you follow the instructions and save it will update your skin correctly. It was recently discovered that the default projects auto-generated by Help+Manual used to create comma-separated skip words in the search settings, instead of space-separated. Skins and projects based on those projects kept those settings, so that the skip words in the list were ignored in the search.

This included the skins in the Premium Pack. However, this was corrected in all the skins in the 3.43 update, so if you are getting the message it means you're not using the updated skin, but one of your older ones.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Re: Odd PPT 3.43 error

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Thanks for the explanation. And yes, I'm using old skins - I followed best practices and worked only from copies of skins.

Naturally, I go back into the (old) copy when continuing with my project. Pulling in an updated skin, then going through even the basic configuration editing (substituting our logo for EC Software/H+M, our URLs for EC-Software's, etc.) -- not to mention re-creating my own, add-on edits -- would take time that I don't have.