Copyright page in pdf

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

Copyright page in pdf

Unread post by John Johann »

Hi,
I'm setting up a multi-lingual project for publishing in CHM and in PDF. One TOC for both outputs. One PDF layout for all languages.

I have a copyright page with 4 paragraphs and a small table with contact data. I want the page to show in the CHM -- no problem.

I also want the page in my PDF -- but not listed in the TOC. How do I do this?

EDIT: Never mind
I broke the paragraphs down into variables and built the page from there.
If anyone has a better solution, please feel free to post.
Tobias Escher

Re: Copyright page in pdf

Unread post by Tobias Escher »

I do this by inserting the topic in the PDF template as a snippet.
Then exclude that topic from the ToC and it will be visible in the PDF, but not in the ToC.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

Create the topic containing your copyright information in the Project Files > Topic Files section so that it does not have a TOC entry, and set its include options to PDF only. Then in Print Manual Designer create a new page in the Pages menu and then in this page select Insert Text Snippet in the Insert menu and drag a rectangle to open the snippet dialog. Choose the Load Topic option and enter the ID of your topic from the first step. After that adjust the size and position of the snippet container on the page.

If you use the same ID for this in all your projects you will automatically get an individual copyright notice for each project. Alternatively, you could use the Load External Snippet File option and create a standard snippet file to be inserted in all projects. See the topic on creating snippets for details on this:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... ippets.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

Cool -- hadn't realised that I can insert snippets in the PDF directly.