Different image size in tidy XML

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Christoph Buecheler

Different image size in tidy XML

Unread post by Christoph Buecheler »

Hi Forum

I have converted my project to translation-friendly XML. During the transformation, the width and height attributes of images within the topic files were converted to small rectangle values.

Original XML:
<para styleclass="Image Caption"><image src="XXX.png" scale="63.00%" width="407" height="386" styleclass="Image Caption"></image></para>
Tidy XML:
<para styleclass="Image Caption"><image src="XXX.png" scale="63.00%" width="20" height="20"></image></para>

In the H&M Editor, the images are still displayed perfectly. (Maybe only the scale attribute is used?) But when I open the Topic.xml with IE, the images are unusable small.

Is there a way to set all width/height attributes to the correct value without having to double-click every single image in the editor?

Best regards
Christoph
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Different image size in tidy XML

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Christoph,

Are you using the current version of HM, which is 7.3.5 Build 4434? If not it's possible that that is the actual problem. Please check and let me know. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Christoph Buecheler

Hi Tim

I made the transformation on the first of march this year and cannot say whitch version was in use then. Now, I'm using Version 7.3.5 Build 4434 and I still can reproduce the effect on another project.

Best regards
Christoph
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the update. I just double-checked this and there does appear to be a problem. It is not being shown in the XML editor in Help+Manual itself, but the XML on the disk is reverting to 20 x 20 dimensions. I will get our developers onto this right away. :?
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Christoph,

Update: Help+Manual will automatically correct the values if you make any small change in the topic (like adding a single space somewhere) and then saving it. The graphics will then all be scanned and saved with their correct dimension values.

This error is really only cosmetic: The explicit pixel dimensions are only there for XML previews and will not have any effect on your output or display of images in Help+Manual. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Christoph,

This issue has now been corrected in the current stable beta:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v736.exe

Note that the incorrect values only affect browser preview, they are not used for anything else. You can fix a project where the image file references have already been set to 20 x 20 by turning Tidy XML off and saving the project, then turning it on again. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Christoph Buecheler

Hi Tim

Many thanks for the quick bug fixing.

Best regards
Christoph