More than 3 icons in the webhelp TOC

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

olgarev_tw

More than 3 icons in the webhelp TOC

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Hi!
May be I'm missing smth, is there any way to have more than 3 icons in the webhelp TOC? For example, I have several topics (one for each folder) that I would like to mark as FAQ, with a specific icon, so that users could find them faster.
pl labrie

Re: More than 3 icons in the webhelp TOC

Unread post by pl labrie »

Perfectly agree, have the ability to place more icons (TOC) (ebook, html5). it's very difficult for my users to go to the Lecons sections.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

You are only restricted to 3 icons if you use the custom icons option set in the skin you are using. If you turn that off you can use the icons you set in the project, as explained here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/inde ... c_icon.htm

To turn off the custom icons set in your skin, open the .hmskin file in Help+Manual and go to Coinfiguration > Publishing Options > Webhelp > Navigation and switch from "Use custom icons" to "Use default icons (same as shown during design time)". In some skins you may need to adjust the CSS for the TOC to accommodate the icons if they have different sizes to the custom set.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
olgarev_tw

Unread post by olgarev_tw »

Got it, thank you for help!