Toggle function in chm file (Version 5 vs 7)

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexey Berkovsky

Toggle function in chm file (Version 5 vs 7)

Unread post by Alexey Berkovsky »

Recently we have updated H&M from version 5 to 7. In the current release the toggle function in HTML help (*.chm file) is working differently from the previous release (see the animation in gif picture following this link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/pogh0wpikyxpj ... 1.gif?dl=0). Is there any way to come back to the previous functionality? Thank you
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Toggle function in chm file (Version 5 vs 7)

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alexey,

Sorry, but I can't see any difference between the two in your tiny gif image. What is the problem you think you are experiencing?

Note that if you should not use the same skin or template you were using in version 5. When you upgrade to version 7 you must also use the skins from version 7.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexey Berkovsky

It’s just behavior of the cursor. In case of Version 5 if the cursor is clicked over the sign “+” the text is expanded. In version 7 it happens only after the click on the hyperlinked text…. No skins were selected for this project...
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Alexey Berkovsky wrote:It’s just behavior of the cursor. In case of Version 5 if the cursor is clicked over the sign “+” the text is expanded. In version 7 it happens only after the click on the hyperlinked text
I just checked this and it is working fine in Help+Manual 7.
No skins were selected for this project...
That is the problem. 8) This means that you are using the old templates and scripts from your old Help+Manual 5 version that are still embedded in your project. You either need to reset the page template in your project (Configuration > HTML Page Templates > Default) or just select one of the CHM skins included with Help+Manual 7. Selecting a skin disables all the internal templates and settings that have correspondences in the skin and replaces them with the skin versions.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Alexey Berkovsky

Thanks a lot, Tim: it's works now