Customize Style tab on ribbon to list styles

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Debra Graham

Customize Style tab on ribbon to list styles

Unread post by Debra Graham »

I am a new H&M user, so this may already be answered. I did search help topics and forum but to no avail.

Anyway, I have inherited a H&M project and am trying to clean up the formatting by applying styles to the text. It would make it less tedious to apply the styles if I could customize the Styles tab so that I could add frequently used styles to the tab so that I could click on them directly--rather than having to select them from the drop-down list. In other words, how MS Word lets add styles to the Style Gallery.

I know I can use shortcuts but there are only so many keys that I can assign shortcuts to--and shortcuts that are a combination of keys are little better than choosing a style from a drop-down list.

Thanks,
Debra
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Customize Style tab on ribbon to list styles

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Debra and welcome to the forum!

Sorry, but currently there is no way to customize or filter the Styles combo box. Apart from assigning shortcuts to the most frequently-used styles all you can really do is edit the styles themselves and reduce their number. That's probably not all that much help at the moment but I'm afraid it's all I can offer... :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.