Remove vertical space after logo in Webhelp skin?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Elissa Miller

Remove vertical space after logo in Webhelp skin?

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

Luckily for me, the Webhelp, Integrated IFrames Blue Header.hmskin included in the Templates folder is so close to my emplower's branding guidelines that I barely need to touch it. I had no problem replacing the default smiley face with our actual logo.

But, there's an awful lot of blank space below the logo before all the navigation and content sections start. Can I reduce this blank space?

Obviously, I'm not only clueless about CSS but also about how to include an image in a post. HOWEVER, I am competent to follow instructions to reduce the blank blue space below the default position of background-logo.png in this skin.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Elissa M.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Remove vertical space after logo in Webhelp skin?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Elissa,

This is a slightly older skin and changing the height of the header box involves changing four different values. First open your copy of the skin in Help+Manual and navigate down to Configuration > Publishing Options > WebHelp > Layout. For this example I'm reducing the height of the header by 50 pixels so that it's clear. You will have to adjust the subtractions for the value that you're going to use:
  1. Locate the #hmheadbox definition and reduce its height: 100px; value to height: 50px (minus 50)
  2. Locate the first #navbar definition and change its first margin: value from 120px to 70px (that's the top margin, minus 50)
  3. Locate the #hmnavbox definition and change its top: value from 156px to 106px (minus 50)
  4. Locate the #hmcontentbox definition and change its top: value from 110px to 60px (minus 50)
That should do it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Elissa Miller

Re: Remove vertical space after logo in Webhelp skin?

Unread post by Elissa Miller »

Thanks, Tim! I don't think I've posted a query in at least three years because H&M has been chugging along perfectly for our needs. But, after upgrading to v7 this week, I'm finally diving in to fix things like this. As always, I greatly appreciate the help.