Batch publish

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

John Johann

Batch publish

Unread post by John Johann »

Is it possible to set the Publishing Options > Microsoft HTML Help (or the other pubkishing format options) via batch to a set of standardised settings when publishing multiple projects?

Failing that, is there an easy way to harmonise those settings across multiple projects without having to open them individually and manually check them?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Batch publish

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi John,

Not as such, but you can use both the Publishing Task Manager and the command line publishing options to create tasks and batch files that you can reuse to have all the same settings, and also publish multiple projects to different outputs with different settings all at the same time. See these chapters in the help:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... _tasks.htm

https://helpandmanual.com/help/index.ht ... ndline.htm
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
John Johann

Unread post by John Johann »

Thanks Tim,
I'd experimented with those.

Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake today, but I don't see how to apply the settings at Publishing Options > Microsoft HTML Help in addition to skins / output format / includes in the help topics you linked.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

John Johann wrote:Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake today, but I don't see how to apply the settings at Publishing Options > Microsoft HTML Help in addition to skins / output format / includes in the help topics you linked.
Those options aren't configurable from the command line or the Publish screen. they are project options. That's what I meant by "Not as such..". The Toolbox utility in the Premium Pack allows you to configure those options in skins, however, if you have that. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.