Unsolved Conflicts

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Suzette Seveny

Unsolved Conflicts

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

I have successfully published my help file, but when I try to Save the file and close it, I get an error message:

"There are unsolved conflicts in TOC in project (file location and name)"! The project has not been saved yet.

I resolved any Compiler Messages that appeared (hyperlink related) so there aren't any outstanding issues. What else should I be checking?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Unsolved Conflicts

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Suzette,

This is an unusual message. Is your project a local working copy under version control? If that is the case the message could be coming from the version control system, informing you that you need to resolve a conflict in the TOC between "mine" (your local copy) and "theirs" (the master copy on the server).

However, it is more likely that you are doing local, multi-user editing with other users on your local network. In this case the message means that at least two users have not saved for quite a while and then both made changes to the TOC that are not compatible with each other.

Before do anything else, select Save As... in the File menu and save a backup in a separate, empty folder. This should go smoothly, and will ensure that you don't lose any of your current changes.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

PS: Note that if you are doing local multi-user editing and this message appears you should also get the conflict resolution dialog that will let you decide which versions of the conflicted entries to keep when you save.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Suzette Seveny

Unread post by Suzette Seveny »

It is a multi-user editing, but all changes had been saved. I saved it under a new location/name, then opened it and saved it under the original project name and all was fine.

Very weird though and thanks for your response.