Might we use Text Conditions to generate PowerPoint?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Might we use Text Conditions to generate PowerPoint?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Don't try to move the installation, that won't work. First delete the new sub-folder with all its contents, then repeat the installation but stop at this point in the installation procedure:
installerpath.jpg
You can edit the path directly, just click in it. Then edit it so that it reads:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EC Software\HelpAndManual7

Then you can continue and it will install to the correct folder. After that, the next installation will remember that location and you will no longer need to change it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Re: Might we use Text Conditions to generate PowerPoint?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Martin Wynne wrote: H&M uses the excellent Inno Setup from Jordan Russell, which remembers previous install locations. You have now muddled that. Do this:
Here's the thing: I didn't do anything except double-click on the installer. I don't even remember having the option of where to place the new version - possibly it was given to me, but I simply let the installer work on whatever defaults it wanted.

EDIT: I'll once again follow Tim's shiny, new direction - for some reason, his most recent post had not appeared before I answered Martin's a few minutes ago.