Publishing project Html with skin Webhelp, Responsive Grey

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Iwona Politea

Publishing project Html with skin Webhelp, Responsive Grey

Unread post by Iwona Politea »

Hello,
Publish my project format Html with skin "Webhelp, Responsive Grey".
The compiled project is displayed incorrectly.
All TOC topics are developed and you have to click on each of them to collapse them.
In the "Keyword Index" tab, the "Enter value" field is very small, you can not enter anything and the search does not work. How can it be caused?
--
Regards,
Politea
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Publishing project Html with skin Webhelp, Responsive Gr

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Iwona,

This just means that you are viewing your WebHelp locally without a web server, for example by double-clicking on an HTML file in your output folder. If you select the option to view the WebHelp automatically after publishing you will not have this problem, because HM uses its own mini web server for testing. You will also not have this problem once you put your WebHelp on your web server.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Iwona Politea

Hello Tim,
Thank you for the answer. However, the problem also appears after publishing the project on the web server and the automatic start after compilation. I will check again if the problem occurs after publishing on another web server.
--
Regards,
Politea
Tim Green
Site Admin

Iwona Politea wrote:Thank you for the answer. However, the problem also appears after publishing the project on the web server and the automatic start after compilation. I will check again if the problem occurs after publishing on another web server.
Then something is broken. Please try with an unedited copy of the skin from the \Templates\HTML Skins\ folder in the Help+Manual program directory and you will most likely find that you don't have the problem. When you make changes to the code of skins always do so one step at a time and test in between, otherwise it's very hard to discover which change caused the problem.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Iwona Politea

Hi,
Unfortunately the compilation with the original skins did not give anything, just as it is incorrectly published.

I check with a freshly placed web server - better Apache or IIS?
--
Regards,
Politea
Tim Green
Site Admin

Iwona Politea wrote:Unfortunately the compilation with the original skins did not give anything, just as it is incorrectly published. I check with a freshly placed web server - better Apache or IIS?
In principle, Apache is always better than IIS but both will work fine. However, something must be strange with your project. If possible, please send a demo project illustrating the problem to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we will check it for you. If it's too large to mail just pack it in a zip, put it in your cloud folder (OneDrive, Dropbox etc) and mail me the link to it.
Regards,

Private support:
Iwona Politea

Hi,
I noticed that the problem occurs in one of the sub-projects and other devices.
I will provide it via OneDrive, the link will be sent directly to the email.
--
Regards,
Politea