Sufficient rights to open the project.

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

medvedales

Sufficient rights to open the project.

Unread post by medvedales »

Hi.

I started with my new PC and now when I try to open new *.hmxp project, error pops up Cannot load C:\.... (check picture). I have never seen this error before and if I follow the same procedure on my old PC, everything works just fine.

Also if I try to open one old project on new PC, everything is OK.

I will need your help.

Best regards,
Aleš Medved
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
medvedales

Re: Sufficient rights to open the project.

Hi.

One change in my path made the difference. Since we are using letters (š, č, ž, ..) my path also consisted one of these letters. I changed letter č to c and now can create and open projects normally.

Does this make any sense?

Best regards,
Aleš
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

One change in my path made the difference. Since we are using letters (š, č, ž, ..) my path also consisted one of these letters. I changed letter č to c and now can create and open projects normally. Does this make any sense?
This definitely makes sense. Non-ASCII characters in filenames and paths can cause all kinds of problems under certain circumstances. You should always avoid them if you are publishing CHM because the old Microsoft CHM compiler is highly allergic to that kind of thing and will often crash on non-ASCII characters in filenames or paths. However, HM itself should be able to handle them. Our developers are looking into this.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi ,

This has now been corrected and the fix will be included in the next maintenance update of Help+Manual. If you need it right away you can download the pre-release version with the fix here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/download/ ... p-v750.exe
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
medvedales

Thank you Tim.

Best regards,
Aleš