Every H+M user should try HelpXplain

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Simon_Dismore

Every H+M user should try HelpXplain

Unread post by Simon_Dismore »

Congratulations to Alexander and the team for HelpXplain.

As you'd expect with a 1.0 release, there are a fair number of rough edges — I've already found a few to report — but that doesn't stop it from being a thoroughly useful tool. It's a really interesting idea and makes you re-think all sorts of documentation challenges. If you're an existing H+M user I recommend trying out HelpXplain. At the introductory price (€99, less if you buy multiple copies) it's a bargain!
Martin Wynne

Re: Every H+M user should try HelpXplain

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Simon_Dismore wrote:Congratulations to Alexander and the team for HelpXplain. As you'd expect with a 1.0 release, there are a fair number of rough edges — I've already found a few to report — but that doesn't stop it from being a thoroughly useful tool. It's a really interesting idea and makes you re-think all sorts of documentation challenges. If you're an existing H+M user I recommend trying out HelpXplain. At the introductory price (€99, less if you buy multiple copies) it's a bargain!
I agree, and I've now purchased a registered copy. Well done EC Software for such an innovative idea, and many thanks. I hope it proves a great success. :)

I must admit I found the beta version baffling, especially the previous Goalfish version. But this first full release of HelpXplain is clearly a great step forward. I was looking forward to it, because I could see places in my Webhelp where an inserted xplain would save a lot of time, and be much easier to embed than a streaming video. So I'm really pleased that I can now start using it.

cheers,

Martin.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Thank you both for your kind words! I can assure you that a lot of sweat and elbow grease went into the development.

One thing I've already noticed in support is that we need a brief and easily accessible section in the HelpXplain help for Help+Manual users. I'll be adding that ASAP. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Darren Rose

Unread post by Darren Rose »

totally agree. It is a fine product and I have really enjoyed testing it and feeding back during the beta stage. It certainly makes the task of "explaining things" to my clients as lot easier than trying to record a video clip

Keep up the great work!!
Kooswillem

Unread post by Kooswillem »

We are using it to explain procedures and functions of our KUARIO (https://kuario.com/) product.

Very keen on being able to interactively fire off animations, but we are using the software actively already and loving it!

:laola: :laola: