Customising Themes, Styles etc

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Customising Themes, Styles etc

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

Can we customise the startup/default theme headings, styles and the like?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Customising Themes, Styles etc

Unread post by Tim Green »

Can we customise the startup/default theme headings, styles and the like?
Yes, look in the Design tab and click on the tool there labeled "Customize Theme". Please see here in the documentation:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/gf_themes.html

Tip: You can save edited themes for reuse by saving a "stylesheet xplain". Just edit all the themes in one Xplain the way you want to have them. Then to use the themes in another Xplain select Customize Theme and then use the Copy From... tool at the bottom of the dialog to import from your "stylesheet".
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

I phrased it badly, but I meant so it would start up with custom default settings, like in H+M when you edit the default.template.xml file.

Good tip though, thanks.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Ga Bowen wrote:I phrased it badly, but I meant so it would start up with custom default settings, like in H+M when you edit the default.template.xml
Not yet, although as Alexander noted in another posting, template editing is on the wish list for the future. Customized themes and styles are currently stored in the Xplain itself, so you need to import your customized themes to the current Xplain to get them. There are a wide range of Xplain templates shipped with HelpXplain, but there too you need to actually create a new Xplain with one of those templates to load it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.