Blurring Sensitive Information.

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Steve Gill

Blurring Sensitive Information.

Unread post by Steve Gill »

When I create a screencast of several screens, how can I blur out parts of a screen that may contain private information?

For example, if there is an edit box that has someone's phone number, I may want to blur out that information.

Thanks.

= Steve
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Blurring Sensitive Information.

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Steve,

Click on the picture containing the element you want to blur. Then click on the Picture Tools tab at the top of the screen. Now you can select Effect on the left and add an effect lens with the Effect Lenses tool and use the lens to blur, highlight and much more. See the picture tools subject here in the help:

https://helpandmanual.com/help/gf_getti ... photo.html
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Steve Gill

Hi Tim,

I have a slide/screenshot selected but the Picture Tools tab doesn't appear. In the attached screenshot, I have the first slide/screenshot selected. I want to blur out the company name at the top, but there is no Picture Tools tab.

Does that mean I have to add an image to the existing screenshot for the Picture Tab to appear, ie. overlay the existing screenshot with another image?

Thank,

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin Wynne

Unread post by Martin Wynne »

Steve Gill wrote:I have a slide/screenshot selected but the Picture Tools tab doesn't appear.
Hi Steve,

Click in the spotlight (the lit part). That will select the image behind it, and the Picture Tools tab will appear. Then click the Image menu. The screenshot will come to the front for editing. Click Effect on the left and then Effect Lenses, select a rectangle, drag it where you want it, and apply a blur to it. You can then adjust the blur intensity.

cheers,

Martin.
Steve Gill

Martin Wynne wrote:
Steve Gill wrote:I have a slide/screenshot selected but the Picture Tools tab doesn't appear.
Hi Steve,

Click in the spotlight (the lit part). That will select the image behind it, and the Picture Tools tab will appear. Then click the Image menu. The screenshot will come to the front for editing. Click Effect on the left and then Effect Lenses, select a rectangle, drag it where you want it, and apply a blur to it. You can then adjust the blur intensity.

cheers,

Martin.
That's perfect! Thanks Wayne. It's easy when you know how. :-)

Thanks again,

Steve