Highlight for search words

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Sonia Guimond

Highlight for search words

Unread post by Sonia Guimond »

Hi,
When I generate a project to WebHelp, the search words are not highlighted in the topic pane, but they are highlighted in the results pane. I would like the search terms to be highlighted in the topic pane and the results pane.
I’m using version 7.5.2 Build 4717. I use a skin to generate the output. This skin is based on one of the responsive skins from the Premium Pack toolbox (version 3.46). When I open the skin:
• The check box “Highlight search words in text” is selected when I access Publishing options > Webhelp > Full text search.
• I specified a background and text color in the variable SEARCH_HILITE_TOPIC. Is this the variable I must change? I tried “background-color: #888888; color: #ffffff;”.
Do I need to do any other changes in the skin to ensure the search words are highlighted in the topic pane? I see that there is a maintenance update (3.47) for the premium pack. Should I upgrade to 3.47 to see the highlights?
Regards,
Sonia Guimond
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Highlight for search words

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sonia,

That was a side-effect of a change in version 3.46. You just need to update to 3.47, using the same download link and installation credentials you used to get the last update. (The download link doesn't change with new versions.)

Note that if the found terms are only in the keywords associated with the topic and not in the body of the topic, you still won't see any highlights, of course... :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sonia Guimond

Re: Highlight for search words

Unread post by Sonia Guimond »

Hi Tim,

I upgraded to 3.47 and the highlights are showing if the words are found in the body of the topic.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been using H&M since 2006, and I'm always amazed by the quality of responses from this forum. Keep the good work.

Regards,
Sonia