Runtime error 217 in HM6

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ben Tam

Runtime error 217 in HM6

Unread post by Ben Tam »

Since there is no forum for HM6. Thus I put my question here.

When I open HM6, it shows "Runtime error 217 at 0094B70D". I have tried to remove and reinstall the software, the error still appears. Could any body tell me how to fix the error.

TIA
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error 217 in HM6

Unread post by Tim Green »

There is a Help+Manual 6 forum, it is located here:

https://helpman.it-authoring.com/viewforum.php?f=30

However, this error indicates a problem on your system, not in Help+Manual. It is certain that it is something on your system that is causing this but it's impossible to say what from a distance -- all we can say is that it must be something unusual on your system. For example, if you install Help+Manual on another machine I am sure you will find that it works fine.

Try the following:
  • Before you start, make sure that you are using the latest version of Help+Manual 6 (6.5.6 Build 3027). You can download the installer here if you need to update.
  • If possible, install on a different computer. You will see that it works there.
  • Exit all your SystemTray programs one after another and try to start TNT after each one, you may find a culprit.
  • Do the same with any other programs you are running
  • Turn off any utilities that change the way Windows functions. There are quite a few utilities out there that solve some problems but cause new ones.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ben Tam

Re: Runtime error 217 in HM6

Unread post by Ben Tam »

Thanks for your reply. I'll ask the technician to check my computer.
Ben