webHelp: simple typo correction = simple?

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Dave Gehman

webHelp: simple typo correction = simple?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

I have a typo in the first sentence of a topic. There are no hyperlinks in the sentence, or for that matter, in the topic as a whole, other than links to graphics.

Can I simply get on the server, pull the HTML into Notepad, make the correction, and save it back to the server?

Or do I have to Publish the entire site and upload the behemoth to the server to refresh the entire site?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: webHelp: simple typo correction = simple?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,
Can I simply get on the server, pull the HTML into Notepad, make the correction, and save it back to the server?
If you also change it in your project so that it doesn't get reverted that should be OK. However, if you are using a V3 skin you need to make the change in two places on the server: Both in the topicname.htm(l) top-level topic file and in the JSON version in the topicname.js file in the /jstopics subfolder.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Dave Gehman

Re: webHelp: simple typo correction = simple?

Unread post by Dave Gehman »

Tim Green wrote:Hi Dave,
If you are using a V3 skin you need to make the change in two places on the server: Both in the topicname.htm(l) top-level topic file and in the JSON version in the topicname.js file in the /jstopics subfolder.
Thanks, and it's already fixed in the Project. I'm publishing in a simpler world, I think with a V2 skin... in any case, I have no jstopics subfolder.