Published WebHelp looks ugly

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jan Kouba

Published WebHelp looks ugly

Unread post by Jan Kouba »

Hi, Iam trying to publish my documentation in WebHelp format for the first time and Iam getting very ugly results (see attached screenshot created using "Webhelp, Responsive Grey, Keywordslist" template). I tried switching templates, but all looks very similar and I cant find any settings to make them looks better. I will be very grateful for any advice. Thank You!

Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Published WebHelp looks ugly

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jan,

This is caused by extreme browser security settings. Your browser is blocking JavaScript and access to the images and use of the fonts defined in the project.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Jan Kouba

Unread post by Jan Kouba »

Hi a thank you for quick reply,

I tried several browsers and also turn off all security setting. I even tried Internet Explorer with all security settings on low or off but output is still the same.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jan,

How are you viewing the WebHelp? Are you using the option to display it automatically after publishing? If you do that it will be opened with Help+Manual's own mini web server and this should normally display it correctly. Similarly, it should also be correct once you put it on your own web server.

Also: Please try selecting a different skin when you publish. Use one directly from the \Templates\HTML Skins\ folder in the Help+Manual program directory to make sure you are not using one that has been incorrectly edited.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.