Formatting issue with list in list

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Marc

Formatting issue with list in list

Unread post by Marc »

I use suare bullets for level 1 list items and a dash for level 2 list items (second-level list within a list). There seems to be an annoying bug that "sometimes" changes the dashes to some strange characters. The error seems to happen (mostly) when you change a paraphraph style within the topic or add a new paragrph. But it doesnt happen always.
In the XML code, what happen is that it adds the following command: format-charset="SYMBOL_CHARSET"
This then sets the wrong font for the bullets.

<list id="18" type="ul" listtype="bullet" formatstring="&#8211;" format-charset="SYMBOL_CHARSET" levelreset="true" legalstyle="false" startfrom="1" styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item" style="font-family:Verdana; font-size:10pt; color:#222222;">
<li styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item"><text styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item" translate="true">Text1</text></li>
<li styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item"><text styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item" translate="true">Text2</text></li>
<li styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item"><text styleclass="u2_unordered_list_level2_item" translate="true">Text3</text></li>
</list>

Is there any option to avoid this?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Formatting issue with list in list

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Marc,

Are you using the current 8.0.2 update? Some list issues have been corrected there.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Marc

Unread post by Marc »

Yes, it also happens with version 8.0.2 build 5473.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Marc,

Please mail me a small demo project with a list that reproduces this behavior to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @). Please send a single-file .hmxz project. To do this select Save As.. in the File menu and choose the first option for Help Project (single file storage). This packs everything into a single compressed file. After that you can remove any topics not needed for the demo and send just the .hmxz file.

Please also include brief instructions describing the location of the list and how to reproduce the error as we receive a lot of mails. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Marc

Unread post by Marc »

Hi Tim,
I have just sent you a sample where you should be able to reproduce the issue.
Thanks,
Marc
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the sample project and the excellent description. It's related to lists in tables and I could reproduce it directly with your help. Our developers are getting onto it right away. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Tim Green
Site Admin

A slipfix (update without build number change) is now online for this at:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/downloads.html?upd

This includes these minor fixes, the third one covers your issue:
  • Design-time comments: when a comment was displayed as an icon only, it could
    not easily be double-clicked for editing. Double-click editing for icon-only
    comments has been improved.
  • Customize bullet list: the custom bullet options did not paint anything on >
    192 DPI
  • Customize bullet list: the dialog to customize the bullet (actually the symbol
    dialog) had several bugs in this situation
This wasn't enough for a maintenance update announcement at the moment. There will be an official maintenance update with other changes as well in the next couple of weeks. 8)
Regards,

Private support: