search in table in toggle in pdf

Please post all questions and comments regarding Help & Manual 7 here.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

melanie_list

search in table in toggle in pdf

Unread post by melanie_list »

In Help and manual, I use toggles and sometime i insert tables inside toggles. When i produce a pdf, if I search a word contained in a table inside a toggle, the search does not find it!
How this problem can be solved?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: search in table in toggle in pdf

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Melanie,

Have you set the toggle to be open when you are publishing PDF? This is set in the toggle dialog at the top left, where you define the state you want the toggle to be when the topic is initially displayed in screen and print media (PDF is print media). If the toggle is closed in PDF the text can't be found because it isn't there -- there are no dynamic elements in PDF.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
melanie_list

Hi, do you mean the Print: expanded check box? see attached image

If i search for text that is in a toggle but not in table inside the toggle i can find it. If i search for text inside a table in a toggle i cannot find it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Melanie,

This definitely works. I just tested it in both Help+Manual 7 and 8. There must be some problem with the contents of your toggle. Try selecting the text you are trying to search for in the PDF. Can you select it? If you can't it means it has been rendered as glyphs (little graphics) because it used characters not available in the font you are using. Then it is also not possible to search for it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
melanie_list

Ok it works it was a problem with the intranet where this pdf is stored.
Thanks.