Change Styles and keep custom formatting option

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Ga Bowen

Change Styles and keep custom formatting option

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

When I change a Style I often want to change the style but keep the custom formatting.

For example, when I apply Style1 to a topic/paragraph I might make bold certain words. If I then change to Style2, selecting the topic/paragraph changes everything to that Style.

I would like the option to apply the new style but also keep the custom formatting (in this case, the words in bold).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Change Styles and keep custom formatting option

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Gareth,

This actually already works. If you just click in the paragraph in an area without local formatting (so that the style selector is shown without the StyleName+ display) and then select another style, the entire style of the paragraph will change without affecting local bold etc. The important thing is not to select anything, just click once in the paragraph, and to have a paragraph that is already controlled by a style.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Ga Bowen

Re: Change Styles and keep custom formatting option

Unread post by Ga Bowen »

So it does.

Cheers, Tim. :)