HelpXplain Mind Maps examples

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jason Brehmer

HelpXplain Mind Maps examples

Unread post by Jason Brehmer »

I haven't done a full review of the forums but I have been interested in creating a map using HelpXplain. Is there any I view and share? I have tried creating one using the HelpXplain template but I don't have an idea where to go.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HelpXplain Mind Maps examples

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure whether HelpXplain would be the right tool for that, as it doesn't have any of the supporting tools for linking within the components of your map etc. Theoretically it would be great to have a large map on the canvas and then navigate through it with slides, but HelpXplain treats each slide pretty much as a separate unit and creating the map components across the slide boundaries would be tricky.

What you could do is create a map with an actual mind mapping program and create a large image of it. Then set that image as the canvas background in a HelpXplain project and use slides to navigate across it with additional HelpXplain elements if you want.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.