Extracting titles and IDs of topics + dates they were last modified

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Maria Gulina

Extracting titles and IDs of topics + dates they were last modified

Unread post by Maria Gulina »

Hello,

I have a technical question. I need to extract some data from a Help+Manual project and I don’t really know where to start.

I need to extract titles and IDs of all topics in the project and dates they were last edited. In the end I need to get a table with three columns where they are matched. I think there must be a way to export this data as text or in a format that can be converted to text and matched. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Extracting titles and IDs of topics + dates they were last modified

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Maria,

Welcome to the forum. That is what the Report Tool in the Project tab is for. It generates a wide range of different reports, exported as HTML that you can save. See here for instructions:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/help/hm_a ... ports.html

Tip: If you have any topics that are not included in the TOC, set the sort order to topic ID or change date. Sorting by TOC will only include topics with TOC entries and will leave out any others.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Maria Gulina

Re: Extracting titles and IDs of topics + dates they were last modified

Unread post by Maria Gulina »

Thanks a lot for the reply! I will try to use this tool, it seems it has all I need.