HIDPI images

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Alexey

HIDPI images

Unread post by Alexey »

Hello,
I can see some improvements were introduced in HM9 regarding working with images.
Do you have any plans to add support for responsive images implemented in HTML as "srcset" - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ive_images ?
So that I can have two variants of each image in a project.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: HIDPI images

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Alexey,

We don't currently have this on the ToDo list, but we may look into it in the future. Generally, however, using the responsive setting for your image size (%of page width, maximum is physical width) works well for the great majority of images used in documentation. Images that are large enough to really benefit from the additional overheads created by a multi-image solution are probably already too large, and a better solution would be to use a smaller image to begin with. You would really have to have a lot of very large images to make this worthwhile, otherwise the added complexity would be more of an issue than the image size. Personally, I'm always in favor of keeping everything as simple as possible. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.