[Warning] Dropdown toggle " /// in the publication log

Please post all questions on Help+Manual 8 here

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Lina Castro

[Warning] Dropdown toggle " /// in the publication log

Unread post by Lina Castro »

Hi,

The publication log appears this message: [Warning] Dropdown toggle " ///

How do I find in the topics the code responsible for the warning?

Regards,

Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: [Warning] Dropdown toggle " /// in the publication log

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Lina,

Is that all that you see? There should normally be a reference to the topic with a link to the topic so that you can edit it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,
Usually, it's true, errors have more information, but in this case, unfortunately, this is the only information I have, so I can't find the problem.
Regards,
Lina
Tim Green
Site Admin

Lina Castro wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 am Usually, it's true, errors have more information, but in this case, unfortunately, this is the only information I have, so I can't find the problem.
We need to have a look at the project. Please mail me a demo project that reproduces the issue. You can create this project as follows:

​1: Select Save As.. in the File menu and save the project in the single-file HMXZ format (first option, single file storage).
2: Delete any topics not needed for the demo.
3: Go to Configuration > Common Properties > Miscellaneous. If the history is active, turn off "Automatically create history files" and delete the history in the project with the "Purge xx history files" button. Then save again.
​4: Perform a test to make sure you can still reproduce the issue with the demo project.​
​5​: Send us the resulting .hmxz file and the graphics files used in the demo ​topics, if there are any.

Mail the project to support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @), with a brief note describing the issue again.
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Lina Castro

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for the tips, with them I was able to isolate the problem and solve it.
The problem originates when copying and pasting text from a toggle. To solve it, we have to find the text (hard part) and convert it to plain text (easy part).
Tim Green
Site Admin

Lina Castro wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:16 am Thank you very much for the tips, with them I was able to isolate the problem and solve it.
The problem originates when copying and pasting text from a toggle. To solve it, we have to find the text (hard part) and convert it to plain text (easy part).
The easiest way to locate orphaned toggles in a topic is in the XML editor, where you can search for "toggle" or "<toggle" in the source. :)
Regards,

Private support: