Chat bot integration?

This section is for announcements, information and discussions relating to the help community -- for example news about events and seminars of interest, developments in help technology and so on.

Moderator: Tim Green

Sum1New00

Chat bot integration?

Unread post by Sum1New00 »

:?: Does H&M integrate with a chat bot such as one created in ServiceNow?
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Chat bot integration?

Unread post by Tim Green »

Sum1New00 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:59 pm :?: Does H&M integrate with a chat bot such as one created in ServiceNow?
What do you mean by "integrate"? You don't need a chatbot in Help+Manual itself, so I'm guessing you want to integrate it in your documentation. You don't say what documentation format, but I'm guessing it would be WebHelp. There is no specific interface for chatbots in Help+Manual WebHelp, but it is an open format so it should be possible to include them if the interface is not excessively ridiculous.

The other question would be why you would want to inflict chatbots on your users. Are you aware how profoundly most users hate them? 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sum1New00

Hi Tim,
My company uses ServiceNow knowledgebase which includes a chat feature; they are fully invested in this ServiceNow solution. However, I believe creating an online help could be a better option to meet my goals so I am working to build a business case for Online help. But to "make the sell", I'm convinced I will need to integrate with chat rather than replace it.

#online help vs knowledge base
#chat integration
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Sum,

To know what is possible we'd need to see the instructions for integrating the chatbot in a regular web pages, which is what WebHelp is, essentially.

PS: Please don't try to add hashtags to postings on the forum. They are not supported here. :)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Sum1New00

Thank you!
Ray Rippey

Unread post by Ray Rippey »

I've been playing around with ChatGPT and It knew about our company and our website. I had to correct it, and it apologized, but it only remembered the current thread's changes. I think if you point the chatbot to your website, it should be able to use your website to answer questions. So I think with H&M you just need to publish it and make sure the chatbot can read it.

We've never used chat here (except on the phone). People are so surprised when you answer the phone and answer the questions on the phone. They really appreciate it.