The cursor animation for the most one-page slide cannot be displayed

HelpXplain is the exciting new animated infographics and screencast tool that integrates with Help+Manual.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Cory_2023

The cursor animation for the most one-page slide cannot be displayed

Unread post by Cory_2023 »

Hi Tim:
Long time no see, hope everything goes well.
I had a problem with using helpxplain to make a course: when the cursor was on the last page, it didn't animate.
The reason is that it is set to "execute on slide exit", and after it there is no slide left, it cannot exit the page.It is also impossible to show animations.
Now the solution is to add a page after it. But sometimes I don't need to add a new page, how do I solve this problem?
Best wishes for you!
Cory
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: The cursor animation for the most one-page slide cannot be displayed

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Cory,

You can change how the cursor is animated yourself: Select the cursor object in the editor. Then change Start on: in the Animations toolbar from Side Exit to Slide Entry. You can also change the animation type, and the order in which it appears, if there are other animations on that slide (Reorder Animations tool). You may also want to add a Delay before it starts.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Cory_2023

Hi Tim:
I did it again according to the method you provided, and it worked very well.
I also have a suggestion for cursor animation: add a setting - "hide before animation",
the cursor does not need to move and click, it is not visible,
so that it does not obscure the screen.
Thank you again for your answer and have a good time!
Cory
Tim Green wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:35 pm Hi Cory,

You can change how the cursor is animated yourself: Select the cursor object in the editor. Then change Start on: in the Animations toolbar from Side Exit to Slide Entry. You can also change the animation type, and the order in which it appears, if there are other animations on that slide (Reorder Animations tool). You may also want to add a Delay before it starts.
Tim Green
Site Admin

I also have a suggestion for cursor animation: add a setting - "hide before animation", the cursor does not need to move and click, it is not visible, so that it does not obscure the screen.
You can achieve this with a trick, using the Group function: First, create your cursor animation. Then create a small shape and make it invisible by turning off both its border and its fill. Put it next to the cursor, select both and then select the Group tool to group them together. Then apply a Show or Fade In animation to the group, and select Reorder Animations to put the group animation before the cursor animation. Then the group will show the cursor, and after that the cursor animation will run. The shape will be in the wrong place, but that doesn't matter because it is invisible. 8)
Regards,

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Cory_2023

Hello Tim:
Thanks for the solution, it was very helpful. Sometimes, however, too many cursors are used in the work, which makes it cumbersome to handle. Adding such an option in later versions will improve production efficiency. I've been making a lot of courses with HX lately, and I'm getting higher and higher, but my expectations for HX are getting higher and higher, and from time to time an idea pops up, maybe the current expression is too fragmented, and after a while there will be an idea summary.
Cory
Tim Green wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:55 am
I also have a suggestion for cursor animation: add a setting - "hide before animation", the cursor does not need to move and click, it is not visible, so that it does not obscure the screen.
You can achieve this with a trick, using the Group function: First, create your cursor animation. Then create a small shape and make it invisible by turning off both its border and its fill. Put it next to the cursor, select both and then select the Group tool to group them together. Then apply a Show or Fade In animation to the group, and select Reorder Animations to put the group animation before the cursor animation. Then the group will show the cursor, and after that the cursor animation will run. The shape will be in the wrong place, but that doesn't matter because it is invisible. 8)
Tim Green
Site Admin

Hi Cory,

A major update to HelpXplain will be coming this year and we are adding this suggestion to the Wish List. :)
Regards,

Private support: