Hiding TOC Header

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DNH

Hiding TOC Header

Unread post by DNH »

Hello,
Can you let me know how I can hide the TOC Header that contains the help file title. We don't need that here.
toc-header.jpg
Let me know
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Hiding TOC Header

Unread post by Tim Green »

DNH wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:37 am Can you let me know how I can hide the TOC Header that contains the help file title. We don't need that here.
If you absolutely must, then edit hmwebhelp_toc.css and locate this code at line 108:

Code: Select all

p.tocProjectTitle {
	font-family: <%PROJECTTITLE_FONT%>;
	text-align: center;
	font-size: <%PROJECTTITLE_SIZE%>rem;
	color: <%PROJECTTITLE_COLOR%>;
	padding-left: calc(<%HEADERLOGO_MOBILE_SIZE%>rem + 5px);
}
Add the display: none; line at the beginning of the definition, without changing anything else:

p.tocProjectTitle {
	display: none;
	text-align: center;
}
Again, we are not going to add an option for this. If you want to have it in an updated skin you will have to apply it manually there as well.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DNH

Unread post by DNH »

Hi Tim,
Thanks so much for the quick help.
Tim Green wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:28 pm Again, we are not going to add an option for this. If you want to have it in an updated skin you will have to apply it manually there as well.
Yes, I understand this. But we really do appreciate your willingness to help us make minor tweaks so we can customize the layout to our current web site standards. Such great support.

Dave
DNH

Unread post by DNH »

Hi Tim,
So my managers decided they want the project title, so I removed the "display: none;" and modified the font size, color, face by editing the variables in the Toolbox.

However, we'd like the Project Title to align to the left, which I thought would be easy by changing "text-align: center;" to "text-align: left;" in the baggage file. Is this not the correct setting? Or is something else preventing the Project Title from changing it's alignment?

p.tocProjectTitle {
text-align: left;

Dave
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

It switches dynamically between centered and not centered when the width of the window changes (i.e. on phones). If you want to have the title not centered in normal desktop mode, you just need to add !important to the text align value to override the dynamic centering:

text-align: left !important;
It won't look so good in this layout, but that is up to you. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
DNH

Unread post by DNH »

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the great help as always!
Tim Green wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:17 pm It won't look so good in this layout, but that is up to you. 8)
Ha...I actually agree with you, but was requested. We'll see how the result looks and then go from there :)

Dave