TOC Spacing

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

DNH

TOC Spacing

Unread post by DNH »

Hello,
Not surprisingly, I spoke too soon (viewtopic.php?t=17440)!

They now would like the spacing to increase between the topics in the TOC. Currently it looks like this:
example1.png
What they are asking for is the same TOC spacing as shown in Adobe's online UG here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/user-guide.html

I modified the hmwebhelp_toc.css by changing the padding here:

ul#toc li {
cursor: pointer;
padding:0px 0px 15px;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
}

The result was this:
TOC-example2.png
Close to what I want, but you can see that there is no padding/spacing before a new child topic, and also extra space before the last child topic (Topic 1.4) and the next topic (Topic 2).

I tried adding padding as well in a different place, and it is almost perfect, but you can see it does not work. Causes the background to expand as well, and other problems:
example3.png
It was added here:

ul#toc li.lv2 a {
background-position: 0.9rem 0.09rem;
padding-top: 15px;
padding-left: 2rem;
}

Please let me know if you have any idea how to fix. I looked in the Toolbox Utility first, but could not see anything.
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: TOC Spacing

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Dave,

Before we go further on this, you're overdoing it a little with the added spacing. It doesn't look good, even ignoring the incorrect offsets, and it will make the TOC much less accessible because it radically reduces the number of visible entries. This is one of those cases where more than a little is really way too much. Frankly, I would say that your first screenshot with "how it looks now" is ideal and I wouldn't want to change that. You have enough separation, but not too much, and everything looks nicely balanced. If you really want to do this, please contact support AT ec-software.com (replace the AT with @) and we can discuss the details there. (Today is a public holiday here, so officially I'm not in the office).
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.