Magazine template

This forum is for discussions on the Help & Manual Premium Pack and the Premium Pack Toolbox configuration utility introduced with Premium Pack 3

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Jamie Bodley-Scott

Magazine template

Unread post by Jamie Bodley-Scott »

The search in the magazine template (Help+Manual Premium Pack 4.4.0) seems to produce some odd results in the TOC on the left side.
Try it yourself! https://sdphelp.appgate.com/release-notes/index.html

Say you search for SAML
Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 14.35.18.png
And get a list back. Then if I click on say the 5.5.3 result the TOC stays on 6.2.
Call up the results again and click the same. This time the TOC moves to 5.5.
I would expect it to move to the result each time.

I guess it might relate to this setting:
Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 14.36.36.png
It might also be caching I guess as different browsers seem to behave a bit differently.

Any advice????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Magazine template

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jamie,
Then if I click on say the 5.5.3 result the TOC stays on 6.2.
Correction: I originally thought this was working fine but on further testing I can reproduce it. I'll have to do some local testing on it to see if I can reproduce it with an unedited skin here.
I guess it might relate to this setting:
No, definitely not. That setting is not used at all in these Premium Pack skins, and if you are seeing that when editing the skin you are editing the skin in Help+Manual, which is not recommended. Use Toolbox and follow the instructions for editing in the Premium Pack documentation.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi Jamie,

Update: I just tested this thoroughly with an original 4.41 Magazine skin, both with and without Google web fonts (which you are using). In both cases the problem is not reproducible, and I also do not get the error messages that yours is generating in the F12 browser console. There is probably some accidental editing damage in the copy of the skin you are using, or possibly an incompatible add-on, if you have added some additional code to it.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Jamie Bodley-Scott

Unread post by Jamie Bodley-Scott »

Thanks Tim.
Sorry for messing up your awesome skins.
Yes a skin reset fixed it.