Alternative to Footnotes in HTML / PDF

Discussions about Help+Manual 9

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Aitch

Alternative to Footnotes in HTML / PDF

Unread post by Aitch »

Hi all

I am converting a large, old RTF/Word document, which is full of footnotes and margin notes. I've figured out a way for the Margin notes,
but wondering what options are available to display footnotes in the document? I know they're not available, but I can't go and add separate footnotes in the PDF version unfortunately as it will take quite some time to do, so I'd prefer an option to have them displayed.
For example. there is a footnote displaying "the receipt can also be scanned and emailed, provided it has been signed by the relevant parties"
I was thinking of just adding 'note - the receipt can also be scanned and emailed..." at the end of the paragraph instead?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
H
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!
Tim Green
Site Admin

Re: Alternative to Footnotes in HTML / PDF

Unread post by Tim Green »

Aitch wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:56 am I was thinking of just adding 'note - the receipt can also be scanned and emailed..." at the end of the paragraph instead?
The alternative to that would to create "End notes" at the end of the topic or chapter and link to them with anchors. :?
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Aitch

Re: Alternative to Footnotes in HTML / PDF

Unread post by Aitch »

Thanks Tim

I was considering that too, I'll have another look. This is such a big amalgamation of a word document, made into a D2H document, converted back to RTF and imported into H&M. With all this stress and headache, it would have been easier to start from complete scratch and type the whole 300 page document in H&M.
Version 9.0.3 Build 6380

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Always check your spellar and gramming before you publish!