New and Free: SVG-based Screenshot Tool

The latest news, information and updates.

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Tim Green
Site Admin

New and Free: SVG-based Screenshot Tool

Unread post by Tim Green »

We're excited — very! — to announce the release of SnipSVG, our very cool, very new replacement for Impict and TNT. And it's completely free, for both Windows and macOS. Learn all about it and get the download link in this news blog post here:

https://www.helpandmanual.com/news/2024 ... f-snipsvg/

I've been using it for a few months now while doing all the testing and working on the documentation, and for me it's already replaced all the tools I've been using for my graphics in my Help+Manual projects. No other tool like this is so quick and efficient and fun to work with. There are so many cool features I hardly know where to begin.
  • All the elements I add to my screenshots are vector graphics, so everything is always perfectly sharp at all zoom settings.
  • When I make numbering tags I just need to SHIFT and right-click to insert the next tag, or to clone any other element.
  • The Export function transfers images to Help+Manual via the clipboard in the the new SnipX format, or as an SVG. Also from the Mac version if I have it in a VM.
  • Everything in my screenshots remains editable, both in SVG and in SnipX. I no longer have to maintain different versions for editing,
  • Favorites and defaults make all my custom elements available with a single click.
And that's just for starters. There is so much more. Try it out for yourself. It's free. 8)
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.