'Allow Edit Picture With > ...' For toggle images

Nothing is perfect! This is where you can post your ideas and wishes for functions you'd like to see in Help & Manual. Current version only please (H&M7).

Moderators: Alexander Halser, Tim Green

Bill from Aus

'Allow Edit Picture With > ...' For toggle images

Unread post by Bill from Aus »

Hi
We have a lot of images in our 2000 page help text. Most of the larger images are toggle images, so they click on the smaller image if they need to see the full size.
In the H&M Editor, I can right click on the full size images that have not been converted to a toggle and select 'Edit Picture With > ...' to edit the image. But this is not there for images converted to toggles.
It would be nice if the Right Click on a toggle image still has the 'Edit Picture With > ...' option and would allow edit of the original full size image.
Currently to updated an existing toggle image, you have to Right-click and go to properties, then copy the image path, then open the editor manually and finally paste the path/image name into the editor.
Bill from Aus

Re: 'Allow Edit Picture With > ...' For toggle images

Wow! This was Added in 9.4.2
Thank you so much.

Life is easy again :-)
Thanks

Bill D
Tim Green
Site Admin

Unread post by Tim Green »

Hi BIll,

I just noticed that you didn't get an answer to this when you originally posted it. Sorry about that -- I'm not quite sure how I missed it. :shock:
Bill from Aus wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:16 pm Life is easy again :-)
To make it even easier, download our new free SnipSVG screenshot and graphics editing program and configure it as Help+Manual's standard graphics editor in View > Program Options > General.
Regards,
Tim (EC Software Documentation & User Support)

Private support:
Please do not email or PM me with private support requests -- post to the forum directly.
Bill from Aus

Thanks Tim,
Yes, I have actually just been issued a new computer, and when setting up the Help&Manual, I did set SnipSVG as the default editor.
I do like how with just two clicks I can add the Frame and Drop shadows to my images through the quick format options.